Class III Transfers

Blue Haven Firearms is the only Class III Dealer located in Midwest City, We are ready and willing to meet your NFA needs!!

Purchase a Suppressor      Blue Haven Firearms is a Powered by Silencer Shop dealer


Blue Haven Firearms is the only Class III Dealer located in Midwest City,

For all other Class III firearms, please call 405-255-2809.

Some History on Class III Restrictions


The National Firearms Act of 1934 was the first attempt by the federal government to regulate firearm ownership in the United States. The NFA made it illegal to possess several classes of firearms unless an individual paid a $200 tax on the item. The classes of firearms covered under the NFA are:

  • Machine guns (MG) – these are weapons that fire more than one bullet per pull of a triggering device.
  • Short barrel rifles (SBR) – these are rifles with a barrel length less than 16 inches.
  • Short barrel shotguns (SBS) – more commonly known as “sawed offs”, these shotguns have a barrel length of less than 18 inches and must be smooth bored.
  • Any Other Weapons (AOW) – these are weapons that are not easily type classified, but the government feels are worthy of tracking and taxing. An example would be a “pen gun” or “cane gun.”
  • Silencers – Also known as suppressors, these devices muffle the explosive noise of a gunshot and in many cases make the firearm “hearing safe” as outlined by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

These firearms are also known as Class III firearms.



Who can possess NFA items?

The simplest answer is everyone that can buy a handgun can purchase an NFA item and take possession of it. The longer answer is that you must also live in a state where possession of NFA items is legal. Some states limit some classes or all classes of the weapons. Oklahoma does not limit possession of any category as long as their ownership is in accordance with federal law.

What do I have to do to own an NFA item?

The first step is to find the item you wish to purchase and buy it. Next, your Class III dealer will initiate a ATF Form 4 (5320.4) to begin the transfer of the item to you. NFA items can presently be owned through two pathways:

  • First, individuals can take possession of the items. This will require you to provide your county sheriff with a copy of the completed ATF Form 4, the completion of two fingerprint cards, and two passport photos.
  • Second, entities such as businesses and trusts can own the items. In such a case, founding documents for the entities must be submitted with the transfer forms.

After the completion of the paperwork, you will send in a check or money order for $200 to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE).

How long does it take to get possession of my item?

Wait times vary historically based on the number of applications within the system pending with the BATFE. Currently, returns are hovering around 90 days. We will get your completed form mailed back to us and we will call you to come in and pick up item. After this, the item is yours and requires no further paperwork unless traveling across state lines or selling it to someone else.

Blue Haven Firearms is a Powered by Silencer Shop dealer